To get the best possible care at Golden Heart Medical, please read these helpful tips:
- Make sure your physician knows all the medications you are taking.
- This includes prescription and over-the-counter medicines, as well as dietary supplements such as vitamins and herbs.
- Make sure your doctor knows about any allergies and adverse reactions you have had to medicines. This will help you avoid getting a medicine that can harm you.
- Make sure you know the prescriptions your physician prescribes. And verify that it is the medication your pharmacy dispenses to you.
- If you have any questions about the directions on your medicine label, ask. For example, if a label says “four doses daily”, find out if that means once every six hours, or just during regular waking hours.
- Ask for information about possible side effects of medicines prescribed to you. If you know what might happen, you will be better prepared if it does, or if something unexpected happens instead.
- If you see a specialist or another physician outside Golden Heart Medical, ask for a copy of your medical record and bring it with you the next time you see your Golden Heart Medical physician.
- If you have tests performed at our office – and you don’t hear from us within five (5) days, call the office.